Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tenguto no Gyakushu

I finally beat Ganbare Goemon: Tenguto no Gyakushu yesterday. It's about time. I started the game sometime during Fall 2007, and I've been playing it on and off ever since. I ran into a major hurdle a while back, but overcame it on Friday and realized that the guide I was using had missed a step in the process of getting to the last part. Grr...stupid Goemon guides, all the ones I've used so far have been extremely vague, or downright false in some cases. It's actually pretty irritating.

Anyway, the game definitely ranks on the lower end of the Goemon scale for me. The N64 and SNES games are still far superior. The final battles in Tenguto were also disappointingly easy (which contrasted with the difficult random encounters), but I guess I shouldn't complain. They were long, but the bosses didn't put up a very good fight.

So, I'm working on the DS Goemon game right now, as well as some other games that I've been neglecting due to schoolwork and a roommate who hogs the TV. Man, every time I think about all the games I've had forever but still need to beat, my head starts to spin. There's a lot, let's just say that.

1 comment:

Seppukumaru said...

Never played Tenguto no Gyakushu, myself. I probably will eventually, but it just didn't look terribly interesting from the screens I've seen.

Ever thought about writing a better walkthrough than what you've seen online? I know I've considered that, since Goemon walkthroughs tend to suck for some reason.

And the DS game, I simply need to play more of that one. Very nice graphics there.