Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ganbare Goemon 3 Ending

Ganbare Goemon 3 Ending in English

This was done at the request of Sarahsuke and uploaded to YouTube on January 21, 2008. Spoilers to Ganbare Goemon 3 can be found in this video, of course, so click at your own risk.

There's a lot of awkward dialogue here, and the last sentence is really hard to understand (well, it is for me anyway...I don't know, maybe I'm just an idiot...wait, what do I mean, "maybe"?). I don't know, I thought I had it figured out at one point, and now I've completely forgotten it. But I still really like how everybody freaks out when he shows up out of nowhere.

The archaic language (which was present in most, if not all, the videos before and since) was a slight hurdle here. Jurokubei has a lot of it. Just imagine them all talking as if they were in a Shakespeare play, though this would've taken place in a much earlier time period. (Speaking of Shakespeare...well, I'll mention it in a later post...a MUCH later post). And the fact that both Jurokubei and Ebisumaru had really long speeches didn't exactly make this one easy to understand.

For some reason, there were very few problems with the visuals here. The only major one I can think of right now is that, when Jurokubei is leaving in Bismaru's pod, the pod vanishes in a split second instead of doing one of those wavy things and fading out slowly. Also, Kabuki Forever doesn't flash when he gets hit. For some reason, this particular video didn't have the skipping problem.

There were some small audio problems, but this wasn't a big deal at all. The volume would fluctuate every so often, but I don't think it was very noticeable (was it?).

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like how this one turned out. The dialogue is relatively awkward, and this was the first time I had to really experiment with how to do sound effects (I'd rather not just copy what the Japanese dialogue says...). But, those who told me what they thought said they liked it, so I decided to get to work on the next thing.

No comments: