Friday, February 1, 2008

First Goemon Fanfic Finally Complete!

I said I would be talking about my Goemon fanfics here as well, and I'm already going to deliver on that promise. My first Goemon fanfic, "A Vengeful Darkness", (really stupid title, I know) is finally complete. Actually, I published the last chapter on December 30 of last year, but I just now, as in about 10 minutes ago, uploaded the final version of the final chapter. Starting in the first or second week of the new semester, I began uploading revised versions of the chapters to replace my old, (probably) crappier versions of the same chapters. You can find the first chapter here.

Some stats for you (since the topic at GI is basically dead, I'll only post these here):

Title: A Vengeful Darkness
Total Words: 80241 (including Author's Notes)
Chapters: 33
Average number of words/chapter: 2432
Pages: Approximately 164 using the program AppleWorks 6, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, and single space.

I always thought I could write a pretty good-sized (not good, just "good-sized") essay about this story...where I got my inspirations, how I went about planning this out, my writing style...you know, that sort of thing. Maybe I'll actually do it if I can't fix the outline for my next (non-Goemon related) fic anytime soon.

No comments: