Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ganbare Goemon 3 Intro v. 1

Ganbare Goemon 3 in English

The translated intro to my personal favorite of the SNES Goemon games, uploaded on November 17, 2007. The story behind this one is a bit noteworthy.

I had transcribed the Japanese symbols, as usual, and taken them to my grandparents' house. My grandma was going to Japan the next Saturday, so I knew if I didn't get the translation then, I would have to wait until January before I could get it. That was simply unacceptable in my mind, so I did everything I could to get that translation. Due to time constraints, I got a rough, general overview, but I didn't think this was sufficient. Fortunately, I ended up seeing her a couple more times that week, and on Wednesday, I finally got a decent translation, though I still felt that there were several holes that needed filling. I figured this was good enough, though, since I had hoped to update at least the GG2 in English video at the start of the new year anyway.

After an eventful Thursday, I sent the script to Sarahsuke on Friday or Saturday. She pointed out several things that I had missed. I have to say that, out of all the times I've sent her a script, this was when she was the most helpful. This was when I learned what the suffix "sama" means, for example.

Notice that this is the last video where I used normal subtitles.

No comments: